Understand the problem to solve it effectively
Causes of constipation can be as diverse as the people experiencing it. While eating foods low in fibre or not drinking enough water are some of the most common reasons, constipation can also be triggered by factors like stress, changes in your regular routine due to traveling, or eating new & different cuisines, and even going to sleep at odd times. Constipation is nothing to be embarrassed about, as it affects nearly a quarter of the Canadian population.
- Changes in your life or routine (including travel)
- Stress (surprise, surprise!)
- Ignoring the urge to go
- Lack of fibre in your diet
- Not enough exercise
- Being pregnant or having recently given birth (one of the reasons why, statistically, women suffer more from constipation than men)
- Some medications
- Certain medical conditions
Watch out for
medications that may lead to constipation
Check to see if you’re taking any of the following:
- Pain medications (especially narcotics)
- Antacids that contain aluminium
- Bismuth salts
- Iron supplements
- Calcium-channel blockers
Always take your laxative treatment two hours before or after your other medication to ensure that it doesn’t alter how your body absorbs it. It is also recommended that you consult a healthcare practitioner prior to using a new medication.
The clinically proven hemorrhoid treatment in Canada.
CHOOSE THE PILL
that relieves pain, swelling and bleeding.